After breakfast we headed over to Notre Dame. Compared to the other churches and cathedrals we've seen, I wasn't very impressed, but it was still great!
After that, we went over to the Concergerie where Marie Antoinette was held captive. It wasn't terribly exciting, but I did find my way out of the land of muggles!
(Harry Potter)
We got lunch after that - croque monsieurs! It's a toasted ham and cheese sandwich but the cheese is on the outside and they are soo good!
Amanda and I shared ours :)
Then we headed out to Versailles! It wasn't scheduled for us, but we were able to move some other sights around so we could make it fit in. The palace was amazing. Every room was incredibly elaborate.
The Hall of Mirrors was INCREDIBLE. So beautiful and ornate! It was crowded with people, but it was amazing.
After we finished inside, we headed out to the gardens, which was what we really wanted to see. They just went on and on forever!
We walked down a ways and found some sorbet by the little lake they have there. I got raspberry and it was one of the best I've ever had! We sat in the shade for a while and just relaxed. It was beautiful.
Jaden and I with our sorbet
Our plan was to rent bikes and ride those around the gardens, but with how hot it was and how tired we were that wasn't the best option. Plus, they had boats! We rented one for a half hour and I got to row us around the lake. All those girls' camp skills coming back! It was gorgeous.
We headed back into the city for dinner and we found a deal where we got a panini, drink, and a crepe for 5 euros. Not the greatest quality, but we were starving!
To end the night, we went to the Musee d'Orsay. This was one of the museums I was most looking forward to in Paris and I was not disappointed! The Orsay is all impressionist art so I got to see many Van Gogh and Monet works! I loved seeing these up close and they made the artists so much more real to me.
We left the museum around 9:30 and rushed and sometimes RAN to the Eiffel Tower to watch it sparkle again. It truly is magical everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment