After Paris, we were all completely exhausted, so Saturday
was our day to recover. The centre doesn’t
provide any meals for us on Saturday, so I was left to my own food for
breakfast…which was Hobnobs and chocolate.
My solution was topping my hobnobs with nutella and raspberry jam. :) It wasn’t half bad!
That afternoon, we had a whole bunch of reading to do, so we
went over to Hyde Park and read in front of Kensington Palace! Unfortunately it was too much fun to
people-watch, so I didn’t get much reading done…
For dinner that night I finally got to try Nando’s! It is the most American restaurant I’ve been
to here. Essentially, you choose what
kind of chicken and which marinade you want – it was really good! Plus, they had LEMONADE! The only other lemonade I had seen since the
States was this kind of carbonated drink that wasn’t even lemony.
We were able to go to the BYU Singers concert that night as
well. They toured England for three
weeks and we were able to catch their last concert before they headed
home. The highlights of the concert were
“Sure on this Shining Night,” “Children Will Listen” from Into the Woods, and “Hold On” from Secret Garden.
Sunday we had quite the adventure getting to church. We have to take the tube and then a train,
and because of tube closures, the tube didn't come for a while so we missed the train we needed and ended up getting to church late. I taught for my first time in Primary too! The kids were pretty well behaved, but my lesson went a little bit short so we improvised for a bit!
On the way home from church, the tube was slow again and we ended up at the right stop so Lauren, Alissa and I found the TARDIS!
No comments:
Post a Comment