We decided to take a bus to the museum so we could see more of the city - our first double-decker bus ride! Of course, we all headed straight to the top when we got on the bus. Lauren and I sat in the front row and it was scary! The front of the bus is flat so it always looked like we were going to run over someone or hit the side of a building. I am so glad I don't have to drive here!
So excited!!
The museum was amazing! Take just about all of the important events in world history and you've got the British Museum. I saw so many things I had studied in my Humanities class that I took last year and I loved seeing the real thing! My favorite was the Rosetta Stone but we saw parts of the Parthenon, some Picasso sketches, and the Lindow Man (the source of true greatness, according to one of our professors). I was amazed at how OLD everything was! We saw things from 1500 BC!
That night some of us went to see Matilda the Musical. I grew up watching the movie all the time at Grandma and Grandpa's house, so I was soo excited! Plus it has won multiple awards and has had great reviews!
The Matilda stage - so well themed!
I literally cannot say enough great things about this show. It exceeded all of my expectations. They changed the story slightly from the movie, but it just enhanced the plot. About half of the cast was under the age of 14 and they were all so strong in their roles. They had all of my favorite parts - the chocolate cake, the floating chalk, the CHOKY, even swinging the girl by her pigtails!! Matilda was absolutely adorable. My favorite was Trunchbull. She was played by a man and it was absolutely perfect! The whole time I was wishing my family could see this because it was so fun to watch. It's only in London right now, but don't worry - it's coming to the US next Spring! I am definitely planning on seeing it again before I leave London.
So we were headed home on the tube, still raving about how much we all loved it and I'm reading the program I bought at the show. Then this little girl with the cutest British accent taps me on the arm and asks if we went to the show tonight, and then points to herself in my program!! She had just been in the show! We couldn't believe it!
Katherine, Amanda, Jared, Paige, Me, and Amanda with Chorlene Biron Monnier
Seriously everyone, check it out on youtube! We all can't stop singing it.

No comments:
Post a Comment